Tuesday, April 3, 2012

T-Shirt DIY - Studs and Safety Pins

  Over the summer, I was really inspired by "K-pop" fashion, especially the Balmain safety pin studded jackets seen in music videos. I even saw one of these jackets at The Room. The pins were so tightly placed together along the cuff of the jacket you wouldn't be able to tell what they were until you were up close. I'm not going to be purchasing a $5000-$10 000 jacket anytime soon but I could always use cool ideas such as these to revamp clothes that are just gathering dust in my drawer.

I took this studs and safety pin concept and applied it a Tinker Bell shirt my mom bought me from Disney land a few years ago. I always felt like it was a bit young and childish for me to wear, so I thought I'd  try to give it some edge. I had my camera set to ISO 80, F 2.8, and the shutter speed was at 1/30.








No comments:

Post a Comment