Sunday, April 8, 2012

Don't ya love her as she's walkin' out the door. Like she did one thousand times before.

Just highly inspired and in love with The Doors lately. Jim Morrison- total babe! I decided to take my sisters out on a playground and dress them up a bit more natural and old school rock & roll than they usually look and capture some photos. Nothing speaks to me more than the inspiration I get from the music I love; I just wish I could capture the feeling good music gives me in the photo form, but here's my attempt.

I kept the settings fairly normal for an afternoon day, not fooling around too much with fast/slow shutter speeds and ISO, but instead chose to add effects afterwards in photoshop. I wanted the photo's to look a bit antique and faded. I applied sepia effects on some of the photos. In the first photo I used the rule of thirds effect so her head was in the one main corner, and the bottom of the guitar in the other. In the second photo I thought a centred effect was most appropriate for this dominant, beautiful photo. I also kept the rest of the photos generally centred when there were both my sisters in them. 

I dressed my sisters up in some long flowy dresses and head bands to represent the theme. The black lace dress can be found at Mendocino- they have a great selection of S/S long dresses. I highly recommend this store.

Hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment